Utility model patent
The results of creative, scientific, technical, intellectual activity must be protected from illegal use and monetized. If such results are in the realm of technology, they are called an invention or a utility model. According to native or international legislation, it is possible to issue a document of protection for them – a patent. Lat’s take a look at the difference below.
SION’s specialists help clients to utility model patent in patent office in any country. We have been working in this field of services since 2011, each SION patent attorney has been working in its profile for many years. We:
- will make an application without mistakes and delays and submit it to the expert body
- will provide accompaniment and support in the process of obtaining a document of protection.
- will help you to obtain a patent for a utility model in various fields of engineering and technology.
- will evaluate the cost of the patented solution and provide legal support in case of its sale.
- are working directly with the patent offices.
Utility model patentability conditions
At its core, a utility model is often referred to as a “little invention”. This is due to the fact that in order to obtain a patent for a utility model, it is necessary that the proposed technical solution be new and industrially applicable.
Unlike a patent for an invention, the inventive step of the application is not taken into account. That is, the examination of the technical solution is not carried out, due to this, the registration procedure is faster. Thus, the average term for obtaining a patent for a utility model is about 3-6 months.
Before starting work with us, we ask the client to prepare detailed description of the technic solution by first signing the NDA with us. A big plus for the examination will be the actual use of the patented object at the time of filling the application.
Patent utility model procedure obtaining
Algorithm of work upon receipt of a title of protection:
- We conduct a patent search. The patent attorney is looking for similar industrial property objects, assessing the feasibility of patenting.
- SION`s specialists draw up and submit a utility model patent application. The application letter in the state language contains information about the author and the applicant. Accompanied by a description of the technical solution (the text is coordinated with the customer). Paying the feeling fee of the application for a utility model
- The responsible body carries out an examination: checks the composition and accuracy of the submitted documentation. It also determines whether the object can be protection from the point of view of law.
- At all stages of consideration of the application, certain state fees are paid.
- After a positive decision of the responsible state body, a title of protection is issued.
On average, from the moment of filing an application, the process takes 6-8 months. Sometimes, due to participation in a tender or for other reasons, an expedited registration of a utility model is required. And with our help, a client can obtain a patent for a utility model in a maximum of 3 months.
Leave a request and we will call you back within 10 minutes
Utility Model Patent Valuation
How much can you sell the intellectual property to which the rights are registered? This is important if a deal is being planned between the patent owner and the commercial enterprise. SION specialists will analyze the patented solution for monetization.
We use the following methods:
- Market approach – comparison with peers, experience of their sale and profitability.
- Cost method – calculating the costs of creating, promoting and implementing a solution. It is used for information products or if it is difficult to find analogs.
- Income method – calculation of profit from sales in different periods of use.
The customer receives a report on the assessment of the value of the protected object, which is legally binding. He gains an understanding of what he can count on after commercial implementation or implementation. The report will become an argument when promoting on the market.
Patent utility model obtaining prices
Before starting cooperation, we calculate the cost of patent services and provide the calculation to the customer. The final price will be made up of government fees and payments, as well as the company’s fees. The latter depends on the complexity of the work, the amount of technical documentation and other points.
The price will include the following works:
- Patent search.
- Preparation, submission of an application to the patent office and support for its consideration.
- Preparation and filing of an objection in case of refusal (if necessary).
- Document registration.
The cost of maintaining office work in each case may differ. It depends on the complexity of the object in question, the readiness of the source materials, the country of patenting and other features.
Find out the cost of registering your utility model
Sale of a utility model patent
The results of mental work, innovative technical solutions can and should be monetized. In accordance with law some countries, it is allowed to sell the patented property to a third party. For this, it is necessary to conclude an agreement on the alienation of the exclusive right. After signing it, all rights are transferred in full to a third party, and the seller receives a reward.
Stages of concluding a contract:
- signing in writing;
- payment of the duty;
- registration with the patent office (otherwise the sale is invalid).
Also, the rights to use can be transferred to use. This is done under a licensing agreement (temporary transfer of rights) in a country where there is patent protection. The owner does not change. The issued license can be exclusive (monopoly use) and non-exclusive (non-monopoly). SION specialists will help you to competently draw up, conclude and register a sales or licensing agreement.
Utility Model Patent Term
Utility model owners acquire the exclusive right to a particular technical solution for a limited period of time, often 6 to 10 years from the filing date or priority date (country specific). The term is valid, provided that the owner pays the renewal fee annually.
The amount of the duty is calculated for legal entities and for individuals. Payment of fees to patent authorities of other states can be associated with additional costs of money and time. In any case, they must be paid on time so that the right to the patented solution is not invalidated.
SION specialists undertake the obligation to pay the fees on time. We accompany the client in any situation, help protect intellectual property rights and the right to commercial benefits from protected property.
For detailed information and to calculate the cost of a patent, please mail us: email@example.com
The Metaverse is a virtual reality environment where people can interact with other people and digital objects. The first metaverse one was created by the same people who made Roblox, which you could call a metaverse itself. It is a new platform, which will be built on the new Facebook — Meta.Read article